Climate Change Risk and Opportunities Assessment
About the Skill Module
Organizations must fully appreciate how to identify and respond to the risks and opportunities that global climate change presents. If these are not understood and planned for, an organization will not be resilient to future changes such as extreme weather events, resource scarcity, and regulatory changes. There are also opportunities inherent in the transition to a low carbon future that an organization will need to capitalize on to remain competitive.
Anyone wanting to commence their learning or to further consolidate their fundamental knowledge and competence with regard to Greenhouse Gas (GHG) management.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Consider the risks and opportunities of climate change for an organization
- Review transition and physical risks for a company
- Review the need for scenario analysis
- Consider the GHG management hierarchy of eliminate, reduce, substitute and compensate
- Review GHG emission reduction approaches
- Appreciate planning for net zero